Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Bridal Shower Cupcakes


Beautiful Bridal Shower Cupcakes!!
I was asked to make some cupcakes for a bridal shower, so once again I found myself turning to those beautiful "speak for themselves" edible flowers. I had originally bought some cheesy plastic fake silver rings from Michaels, but they just didn't make the cut. I think I definately made the right choice on this one. Plus, I finally figured out how to make those beautiful thick piled up perfect swirls (want the secret?? 1m tip !!!!--but I am sure you all knew that!) Anyway, I mixed some colored gels into my tinted frosting and added some glittery sprinkles and viola-it's as if some fairies are having a tea party--don't you agree?? I just love pastels, flowers, swirls, glitter and pretty petite flowers--adorable combo!

Everything looks better when saturated in pinks, lol:

That's a heart shaped mini cake in the middle of the surrounding cuppies:

Pretty little pansies ready to be ooed and awwed and eaten!!

No comments: